Nichrome 80 wire is also called Nichrome 80, Chromel A Wire, Nichrome 80
series resistance wire is composed of 20% Chromium and ~80% Nickel.
It’s a low resistance wire under normal circumstances. When dealing with
the thinner gauges of this wire (32-46g) the resistance is much higher
than you’d expect.
The thinner gauges (32-46g) are for clapton coils, multi-strand twisting or to add a bit of color to your coil-art.
The 28g and 30g can be used for core wires of multi-strand claptons like Alien Claptons but the thinner gauges (32-46g) will not perform well as a standard coil So if you’ve never used high-gauge wire before, make sure you’re buying the appropriate wire for your build before purchasing.
1* Premium Nichrome 80 Heating Wire 1000ft for RBA
Nichrome Series 80 Approximate Wire Diameter:- AWG 20g: 0.81mm
- AWG 22g: 0.64mm
- AWG 24g: 0.51mm
- AWG 26g: 0.40mm
- AWG 28g: 0.32mm
- AWG 30g: 0.254mm
- AWG 32g: 0.20mm
- AWG 34g: 0.16mm
- AWG 36g: 0.13mm
- AWG 38g: 0.10mm
Nichrome Series 80 Resistance (ohms per inch):
- AWG 20g: 0.052ohms per inch (super low resistance)
- AWG 22g: 0.086ohms per inch (super low resistance)
- AWG 24g: 0.136ohms per inch (low resistance)
- AWG 26g: 0.221ohms per inch (low resistance)
- AWG 28g: 0.34ohms per inch (low/standard resistance)
- AWG 30g: 0.563ohms per inch (standard resistance)
- AWG 32g: 0.882ohms per inch (standard/high resistance)
1000FT PREMIUM NICHROME 80 HEATING WIRE FOR RBA
- Product Code:
- Availability: In Stock